Can UK plumbers work in your property during the Coronavirus outbreak lockdown? This is a good question, and the answer is Yes!
Public Health England have confirmed plumbers & heating engineers are classed as ‘key workers’ and will be able to visit your home or workplace and commence plumbing maintenance work.
Bristol Plumbing Services, from Bristol (United Kingdom) have written a brief article to their customers explaining the important information regarding Covid-19 (Coronavirus) & booking a UK plumber during the epidemic.
Some key points include, only booking a plumber if it is essential work or you are in a plumbing emergency situation. It also goes on to explain some of the examples of what is classed as an emergency. For example:
- Leaking or blocked kitchen sink
- Leaking or blocked bathroom sink waste, bath waste or shower tray waste
- Broken toilet (not flushing correctly or over filling)
- Leaking toilet causing damage to the property
- Water leaking from household pipework causing damage (waste pipes, hot & cold pipes or heating/radiator pipework)
- Dripping taps & shower valves
- Faulty float valves on water tanks & cylinders
- Washing machine installations & replacements
- Central heating repairs (broken radiator valves or radiators not getting hot)
Although the information is provided for the area of Bristol, UK, we feel it’s a great article and can be applied to all parts the UK, and across the world.
For more information regarding booking a UK plumber during the Coronavirus Outbreak, follow the link: Are Bristol Plumbers Available During The Lockdown?