The best way to remove mould from a bathroom or kitchen is to use a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar. Apply the solution to the mouldy area and let it sit for at least an hour. Then, scrub the area with a brush or sponge and wipe it clean with a damp cloth. Repeat the process if necessary. Be sure to wear gloves and a mask to protect yourself from inhaling mould spores.
Another way to remove mould is by using a commercial mould and mildew cleaner, which can be found at most home improvement stores. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using these products.
It is important to note that preventing mould growth is more important than cleaning it up. Keep your bathroom or kitchen well-ventilated and dry to prevent mould from growing in the first place.
How To Prevent Mould Build Up in Your home
Here are several ways to prevent mould build-up in your home:
Control humidity levels:
Keep the humidity levels in your home between 30 and 50 percent to prevent mould growth. Use a dehumidifier in damp areas like bathrooms and basements to help reduce humidity.
Fix any leaks in your home as soon as you notice them. Standing water and dampness can lead to mould growth.
Use exhaust fans in your bathroom and kitchen to remove excess moisture. Make sure to vent your clothes dryer to the outside of your home as well.
Clean and maintain:
Regularly clean and maintain your home to prevent mould build-up. Clean surfaces with a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar. Wipe down surfaces with mildew and mould with a solution of one cup of chlorine bleach to one gallon of water.
Avoid carpeting in damp areas:
Carpets hold moisture and are a perfect breeding ground for mould. Avoid carpeting in damp areas like bathrooms and basements.
Insulate pipes and appliances that are situated in damp areas to help keep them from condensing and creating mould.
Keep an eye on potential mould problem areas and address them as soon as you notice them.
These tips should help you prevent mould from growing in your home and keep your living space healthy and safe.